As the 2007 year has passed us and we all eagerly wait for what this new year brings from Allah’s wisdom and great plan, it is important to remember those important and majorly beneficial events which has passed us in 2007. It is just absolutely amazing how this year just flew past us so quickly. Just yesterday, it felt like so many of these events occurred. Not all of these events are necessarily happy events. Some are filled with sadness, some with anger, and some with joy.
We feel it is important for the Ummah to look over these events and ponder over the wisdom which Allah has shown us in this year – the year of surprises. This reflection is a great way to be grateful to Allah ‘Azza wa Jall and praise Him for His kindness and support for this Deen during these difficult times.
We will go backwards starting with number 26.
26. The Christian preacher Jerry Falwell died. Alhamdulillaah, what a blessing from Allah ‘Azza wa Jall. This Kaafir pig had made a lot of anti-Islaamic comments, especially against our beloved Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wassallam). This man died in his Kufr and rebellion and by Allah, the promise is fulfilled:
لَقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ وَقَالَ الْمَسِيحُ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ رَبِّي وَرَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ مَنْ يُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَأْوَاهُ النَّارُ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنْصَارٍ
Certainly they disbelieve who say: “Allah is Christ the son of Mary.” But the Messiah said: “O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.” Whoever joins other gods with Allah, Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. (Al-Maa’idah: 72)
On a side note, the Munaafiq Umar Lee showed his grief. He also mentioned how he would have enjoyed working with Jerry Falwell. You can read that entry of his here. Alhamdulillaah, by the Grace of Allah, we exposed this Munaafiq on many different occasions including this one. For those who don’t know the outcome, he was cornered in the debate and retorted to name calling.
25. Al-Jazeera exposed by the Mujaahideen forums as well as Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri. When the Shaykh Usaamah bin Laadin (hafidhullah) tape came out regarding ‘Iraaq, al-Jazeera gave a totally one-sided view of the recording. They only played the part where Shaykh Usaamah was criticizing the Mujaahideen in ‘Iraaq. They blew it out of proportion saying that Shaykh Usaamah is admitting that al-Qaa’idah was wrong in ‘Iraaq. Because of this, a huge uproar was immediately made on all Jihaadee forums. Literally. Al-Jazeera was immediately exposed. Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri in his interview, “Review of Events,” discussed this issue further.
24. The Moro Markaz Media presentation of the Mujaahideen of the Philippines. This was an exciting release as we saw the Shabaab training together as well as the Shuyookh and leaders speaking and informing the Ummah about the Jihaad in Philippines.
23. The martyrdom of the genius Commander and intelligent Mullah, Dadullah Akhund (rahimahullah). Although it was very sad news to see another great lion depart from this Ummah, it left a feeling of tranquility because we all said to ourselves, “He got his Paradise inshaa’Allaah… all his life he was a warrior, and now Allah had decided to choose him…”
22. The release of Alan Johnston. This event had the word Nifaaq written all over it. If it weren’t for the stupid actions of Hamas, Shaykh Abu Qataadah al-Filistinee (fakkAllahu Asrah) would probably have been released. We say that since Hamas decided to fight Jaysh al-Islaam (who were holding Alan Johnston) at a time when the whole world was taking Alan Johnston’s case seriously. In fact, the world was taking it so seriously that many Kaafir journalists and media outlets were willing to let Shaykh Abu Qataadah go. So in the end, Allah Ta’aala exposed Hamas for their Nifaaq as He had exposed them for their Shirk and Kufr beforehand. Hamas is a perfect example of a group that wears the banner of Laa Ilaaha Ilallaah, carries the Islaamic Flag, and that’s it… that’s their Islaam.
21. The war on Hijaab and Niqaab. This showed the Ummah the great hatred that the Tawaagheet have for Islaam. The ban on hijaab and niqaab was going around in many Countries around the world including the UK and Somalia. Some successfully banned it and some didn’t. Who knows what the future holds? Wallahul Musta’aan.
20. The Shuyookh of Pakistan that responded to Salman Rushdie’s Knighthood (by the British Government). Allama Tahir Ashrafi, head of the Pakistan ‘Ulama Council, said that the group would give Shaykh Usaamah bin Laadin the title “Saifullah” – which means “Sword of Allah” – for “serving Muslims by waging jihaad against the Kuffaar”. He said, “If Britain can give a knighthood to Rushdie, we too have the right to make awards to our leaders and heroes.” Maulana Ashrafi said his group represented over 3,000 Shuyookh.
19. Prince Harry stays home with his mom. He was taunted heavily by many of the Mujaahideen groups and they were looking forward to making his life hell. We wouldn’t be surprised if they were counting down the days for his deployment to ‘Iraaq. But as the world witnessed, he was humiliated and didn’t go.
18. Reuters exposing the Al-Anbar Salvation Council for doing false flag operations in the name of the Islaamic State of ‘Iraaq. This is an important item since it proved that even from the Western sources, the Al-Anbar Salvation Council were doing false flag operations in order to tarnish the image of the Mujaahideen. The Mujaahideen of the Islaamic State already knew about this and had warned the people about it and proclaimed loudly that they would never spill the blood of a Muslim.
17. Hamid Karzai being exposed for his lies. He was exposed heavily by both the Western and Jihaadee media for his obvious lies. And by obvious, we mean ridiculously obvious. The Western media in many cases didn’t intend upon exposing him, but because of the extreme stupidity in his lies, he exposed himself. He was saying things like, “The Taliban no longer exist” and “We destroyed the Taliban… they have no stronghold,” and once he even denied that the Taliban were in Helmand, even though dozens of Western reporters went there and came back proving (through video evidence) that the Taliban have full control. Then later, he made claims quite a few times, that he met with the Taliban to negotiate; the Taliban rejected and made a laughingstock out of Karzai for his lies. That’s why we now officially call him Karzai al-Kaddhaab (qatalahumullaah).
16. The Revival of Jihaad fe Sabeelilaah in the Maldives. This came out of the blue. Nobody saw it coming. The Mujaahideen appeared in the Maldives and fought against the security forces.
15. Shaykh ‘Abdullah al-Faisal (hafidhullah) freed from jail in the UK and deported to Jamaica to preach the Haqq openly. When he returned to his home country, he immediately got himself active in the Da’wah. He converted 9 Jamaicans, by the will of Allah, to Islaam including his family members such as his mother. He debated a Christian on a public television/radio show and crushed him silly. He held a successful Islaamic Conference entitled, “Islam: The Religion of the Future.” He continues his path of Da’wah as we speak. May Allah shower His rewards to this Shaykh.
14. Imaam Anwar al-‘Awlaki (hafidhullah) freed from imprisonment of the Taaghoot of Yemen. This recently occurred so we are not sure what he is currently doing or where he is staying. But we do know that the Murji’ah are in trouble… a great majority of them celebrated his release, but what they don’t know is that he’s a Salafi Jihaadee Scholar! We look forward to his beneficial lectures and works inshaa’Allaah. We ask Allah to protect him and to spread his pure Da’wah across the world.
13. The Mujaahideen training in China, Xinjiang. Although their camp was raided by the Kuffaar, this tells us that this global Jihaad is spreading like wildfire.
12. The Koreans that were captured by the Taliban. It affected a great part of the world. The Munaafiqeen were exposed for their ignorance and arrogance over the subject of kidnapping Muhaaribeen; one of them was refuted by the authors of this blog and he repented. Eventually, the Korean Army (who were not fighting much in Afghanistan) left Afghanistan for good and all the hostages were released by the Taliban. This single incident scared all the Christian missionaries from entering into Afghanistan, walhamdullilaah. It was also exposed that those Koreans who came as so-called “aid workers” were actually Christian missionaries, converting Afghan children into Shirk. All in all, this event was a big reward from Allah Ta’aala to the Mujaahideen.
11. The appearance of the Mujaahideen in ash-Shaam. This was a total surprise which almost nobody expected. We have heard about how a huge amount of Mujaahideen have travelled from Jordan and Syria to ‘Iraaq, but to see them come on camera and declare the Haqq was something else. They seem to be an underground movement since their roles are vital to the Jihaad in that entire area (i.e., the Jihaad in ‘Iraaq, the Jihaad in Lebanon and the Jihaad in Filistine). Allah knows best. So they appeared and disappeared and Allah knows when they will show us more media from that area.
10. The interview of Abu ‘Umar (aka, Shehada Jawhar) from both the New York Times and Al-Arabiya. For those who don’t know, he was working under Shaykh Abu Mus’ab Az-Zarqawi (rahimahullah) in ‘Iraaq and is a devout Mujaahid. In the New York Times interview, he was explaining his role in ‘Iraaq on how he would build IEDs and how the sophistication of the Mujaahideen increased as the US military sophistication increased. In the Al-Arabiya interview, we had a glimpse of his personality where he showed his Wala’ and Baraa’, as well as his humor. He talked about a great deal of things which aren’t mentioned in the media of the Kuffaar.
9. The amazing and courageous assassination of the Murtadeen done by the soldiers of the Islaamic State of ‘Iraaq. We won’t say a word. Here was their official report:
In a strange, but well-planned, courageous operation, the lions of The Islamic State of Iraq made their way to the general hospital on the right side of Mosul, specifically to the Symptoms Ward, where six soldiers of the Islamic State of Iraq were transferred from prison to the hospital ward in order to attend to their medical needs. The dogs of apostasy had them under stringent security. Two of the brothers had death sentences awaiting them. The soldiers of the Islamic State entered the hospital disguised as nurses, armed with pistols with silencers. They killed the security forces at the hospital, rescued the brothers and got them out of the hospital quickly, without anyone inside the hospital noticing a thing. They then safely retreated. After that, the forces of apostasy entered the hospital when they were notified of a security issue. They were bewildered at the nature of the operation and its intricacy. All praise and gratitude are due to Allah.
8. The hard work of the As-Sahab Media Foundation which released 97 videos this year! They have provided the Ummah great insight into the war in Afghanistan, the victories of the Mujaahideen, the interviews of the Mashaayikh who are on the frontlines and much more.
7. The hard work of Al-Furqan Media who have taught us the immense difficulties that the Crusaders and Apostates go through. The majority of their videos showed IED’s. Many of them showed ambushes, and blowing up of certain headquarters of the Kuffaar and Murtadeen. Perhaps their most memorable release this year was the response to the “Arrowhead Ripper.”
6. The Jihaad of Fatah al-Islaam in Lebanon. We don’t even know where to start or how to end this… The pure Muslims – who were literally only a handful – decided to cause great havoc to the Taaghoot, showing to the Ummah that there are true Muwaahideen in Lebanon that reject the Taaghoot. These Muslims took their al-Wala’ wal Baraa’ah to another level and declared Jihaad upon the Taaghoot and immediately started the fight. The fighting lasted for some time. At one point, it died out and we didn’t hear anything regarding it. Then here and there, we heard news pieces of scattered fighting. There was a point where everyone thought the Ameer, Shakir al-‘Abbsi was martyred… until it was later revealed that he’s alive and still commanding the fight to this day.
5. The Revival of Jihaad in Pakistan. Everyone was waiting for this… we waited for a very long time and finally, by Allah’s grace, He granted it to the Ummah. It first started with the Lal Masjid incident; perhaps the most horrific incident to have ever occurred in the history of Pakistan. Then it slowly awoke the sleeping giant in Pakistan from the Western side. As time moved on, the giant swiftly woke up, smashing the supporters of Kufr with punishing blows, capturing town after town and establishing the Shari’ah, and showing great mercy to the Muslim people.
4. The assassination of Abu Risha. This was one amazing event. This brought a huge wave of happiness to the Muslim world. As for the Kuffaar, they were distressed that their leader of ‘Iraaq was gone. For those who are not aware of what occurred, the Mujaahideen of the Islaamic State of ‘Iraaq dressed as civilians and entered into the compound of Abu Risha to partake in some public event. They planted their bombs and extra ones just to make sure. Alhamdullilaah, this leader of Kufr and Apostasy was killed along with other Murtadeen. This Murtad was the head of the Apostate Al-Anbar Salvation Council. The biggest surprise was that this assassination occurred the day before Ramadan commenced!
3. The growing resurgence in Somalia and the different races from the Ummah joining the Jihaad. Many had thought after the toppling of the Islaamic Courts that it was all over for them. This thought was way off target. In fact, it was so off target that we saw the opposite. Very quickly, the Mujaahideen fell back into guerilla warfare, and ambushed the Ethiopians and the US Special Forces and started to shape Somalia into a mix of Afghanistan and ‘Iraaq style Jihaad. It reminds us of Afghanistan because very few groups are fighting; it’s only the major groups doing the fighting and dealing. So the Mujaahideen of Somalia (i.e., Shabaab al-Mujaahideen) have a hand in playing with the politics of Somalia and shaping its events. As for ‘Iraaq, their ambushes have become similar. It is filled with martyrdom operations, IED’s, and a great deal of fidayeen attacks. Already, Western sources are claiming that the Mujaahideen have complete control in some towns in the South and have established the Shari’ah.
One of the highlights of the Jihaad in Somalia is that many Mujaahideen from across the globe joined the Mujaahideen in Somalia. It purified the Jihaad and made it clear to the world that their fight is neither nationalistic nor for borders, but only to raise the word of Allah high. The most interesting part of this global Jihaad is that we saw a Muslim American being interviewed by al-Jazeera and inciting the Muslims of the West to support the Mujaahideen. This was a blow to the Munaafiqeen in so many ways. In addition to this Muslim American we saw, there was the case of the Mujaahid Daniel Joseph Maldonado (fakkAllahu Asrah). He is a Muslim from Texas that went to Somalia to fight for the sake of Allah Ta’aala; he was caught and deported back to the States.
Another great thing that Allah blessed this Ummah with in this Jihaad was that the Ethiopian and Murtad Somali troops were exposed heavily. They were bombing and shelling houses of the Muslims, raping Muslim women, and had no peace and justice compared to what the Islaamic Courts had. Nearly everyone wanted the Islaamic Courts back.
2. The assassination of Benazir Bhutto. This came as a huge surprise before the end of the year. Some sources mentioned that al-Qaa’idah claimed responsibility quoting Shaykh Mustapha Abu al-Yazeed, the military commander of al-Qaa’idah in Afghanistan, as saying, “We terminated the most precious American asset which vowed to defeat [the] Mujahideen.” Indeed Benazir Bhutto was a great enemy of Islaam as she strived to dismantle the Shari’ah and replace it with Democracy and imprison the Mujaahideen even if it meant getting military support from America. Allah Ta’aala cleansed the earth from a major Najas Kaafirah and so this event brought happiness to the believers and it enraged those who harbor Nifaaq and/or Kufr in their hearts. As Allah had given us the assassination of Abu Risha as an ‘Eid al-Fitr gift, He then gave us the assassination of Bhutto as an ‘Eid al-Adha gift.
1. The reappearance of Shaykh Usaamah bin Laadin (hafidhullah). When this video was rumored, the world went nuts! And when it was confirmed, we all held our breath, waiting for its release.
Many thought he was dead. Many thought he would never appear on camera again… a great amount of news reports had came out way before this incident reporting things such as Shaykh Usaamah “is likely dead” or “extremely sick and injured.”
…And then there he was. He appeared on camera with his calm yet concentrated face.
The man who single handedly brought America down to its knees sits upright with might and honor giving his message to America and the world.
The man who is in control of the world’s most powerful and feared Islaamic movement… the man who had a hand in shaping world events… the man who exposed the West’s immense hatred of Islaam… the man who revived the love of Islaam and Jihaad in the hearts of millions of Muslims across the world both directly and indirectly… the man who shocked all conspiracy theorists… the man who healed the breasts of the believers around the world… the man who had America fall into the bear trap of Afghanistan… the man who split the world into two poles: the camp of Imaan and the camp of Kufr… the man who did all these things and more with Allah’s help and love, yet spoke with great softness in his voice as if to say, “America and the rest of the world… you’ve gone through a hell lot because of me and my movement… now it’s about time you listen to me and see what I have to say,” mixed with a tone of commandment as if to say, “This is how things will unfold if you don’t do this and that.”
He touched on a lot of subjects, some which surprised America. But for many of us, the only thing we couldn’t get out of our heads was the fact that he’s alive and waging a global war against the Kuffaar and Murtadoon for the sake of Allah.
So that does it for the top 26 events in 2007.
Maybe next year we will hear about the Mujaahideen kicking the Kuffaar out of ‘Iraaq or Afghanistan. Maybe we will see some success of the Mujaahideen in Filistine. Maybe we will see the Mujaahideen capture some weapons that Uncle Sam would hate… or maybe we will see the emergence of Imaam al-Mahdi…
Only Allah knows what will happen. Make du’aa that He grants us a beautiful year! Make du’aa that He grants us an immense gift which we don’t expect!