(Arrahmah.com) – Omar Mukhtar, Emir of the Mujahideen of Libya, headed jihad against Italian invaders in the 1920-1930s. He was 70 years old, when he received a severe wound, and was taken prisoner by the invaders.
A dialogue in an infidels’ court in 1931, between the “judge” and Omar Mukhtar:
– Did you fight against the Italian state?
– Did you encourage people to fight against Italy?
– Are you aware of penalty for what you did?
– For how many years did you fight against Italy?
Omar: For 20 years already
– Do you regret of what you have done?
– Do you realize that you will be executed?
The “judge” remarked:
– It’s a dismal end for a man like you.
Hearing these words, Omar Mukhtar replied:
– On the contrary, it is the best way to end my life!
The “judge” then wanted to acquit him and deport him from the country if he appeals to Mujahideen in a statement to stop the Jihad. Then Omar Mukhtar said his famous words:
– My forefinger that admits in every prayer that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah cannot write a word of falsehood, we do not surrender, we win or die!