SAUDI ARABIA (Arrahmah.com) – Two months after the start of the Saudi-led Operation Decisive Storm, Houthi militias announced on Friday (29/5/2015) that they have attacked targets inside Saudi Arabia, Anadolu Agency reported.
In the past the Houthis had been using the term “strategic patience” regarding their response to the Operation’s attacks which targeted their bases and facilities in Yemen.
They have indirectly disowned responsibility for repeated attacks launched from Yemen against Saudi targets; they blamed local tribesmen for such attacks.
On Friday, for the first time, Saba News Agency, which is controlled by the Houthis reported that their army had launched attacks against Saudi targets inside the Kingdom.
Saba reported an unnamed military spokesman saying that they had targeted Al-Radif Tower, in addition to several military bases inside Saudi Arabia. It also reported that troops loyal to ousted president Ali Abdullah Saleh have targeted Saudi soldiers and an armoured vehicle on Friday.
A local radio controlled by the Houthis also said that they launched 100 rockets towards Saudi Arabia and that their forces had made significant gains on the ground and seized large quantities of weapons.
The radio said the attacks are part of what is called “operation to return favour to the Yemenis who have been patient for two months with the Saudi aggression.”
Two days ago, the chief of the supreme revolutionary committee Mohammed Al-Houthi dismissed remarks by US Secretary of State John Kerry that the Houthis had deployed rocket squads along the Saudi borders.